Being in Islamabad is a treat as we get to hike beautiful trails of Margalla Hills. Last week, I went for hiking on trail 3. I realized that I missed 3 years in Islamabad without exploring lush green trails. I have planned to make this a regular habit. Not only this, I will keep posting my hiking experiences on my blog. Let’s make hiking more fun.
Hiking is one of the economical, beneficial and enjoyable exercise. People with their friends & families come to hike on these trails. However, there are few do’s & don’t for hiking. If we take care of them, then hiking can be a healthy activity in real.
- Take following items with you:
- Water bottles & ORS: Summers are already here so it’s best way to stay hydrated. There is no question to it.
- Biscuits/ snacks: Some snacks will help you to stay energized
- Towel: Small towel to wipe sweat off your face.
- Comfortable dress, joggers & cap: Wear right dress, socks & shoes. Hiking will be fun.
- Sun glasses & sunscreen: No summer hiking without them. Use a good sunscreen. You may consult your doctor
- First aid: Keep a bandage & cotton with you.
- Camera: Such activites are worth capturing.
- Before hiking, eat light and healthy. For example, fruits or yogurt can be good.
- Make sure you have cut your hand & feet nails before hiking. Long nails can be a problem during these activities.
- After hiking, remove socks & shoes and wash feet to avoid any nail problem.
- Help your friends & family. Keep them motivated till last point like my team did.
I have missed 3 years in #Islamabad. I am just back from hiking trail 3. This place is beautiful #Pakistan #ExploringTrails #hiking #sundayspecial #instagood #ınstasport #SportsForLife #explore #nature #GreenPakistan #Green #fitnessmotivation #sundaysports #bloggers #islamabadbloggers #exploration . . . . . . . . . . . . . P.S blog post coming soon.
- Don’t forget to take any of the items mentioned above.
- Don’t run while hiking. It will be difficult to endure till top. Remember the rule, ‘Slow & steady wins the race’.
- Don’t eat heavy food before or during hiking. You will get exhausted soon.
- Don’t throw any garbage in woods. Keep a garbage packet with you.
But, most importantly, make hiking a habit & make you life healthier. Make it even more fun by taking your friends & families with you.
If you have any other do’s and don’ts for this list, share them with us in comments.
Stay healthy. Happy hiking 🙂